Getting a Mortgage
Considerations prior to your appointment at our office:
- Please provide your Mortgage Company or Mortgage Broker with all our contact information so that they can get the mortgage instructions to our office as soon as reasonably possible.
- Please provide particulars of your existing mortgage that will be paid out upon registration of your new mortgage to our office: Name, Address, Mortgage Number, Approximate Balance. If you have a copy of the mortgage statement, please send this statement to us as soon as possible.
- Please provide us with a statement of the house/fire insurance you have on the property.
- If your new mortgage requires us to payout your existing debits (i.e. Line of Credit, Credit Cards, Car Loans, Realty Taxes, etc), please provide us with the most recent statements for each account.
- You will need to set up an appointment with our office before the new mortgage is registered to review and sign the new mortgage documentation. We will contact you for an appointment.
- Each mortgagor will need to bring two pieces of Identification.
Click here for Acceptable ID (This is mandatory). If you do not have the required ID, contact our office immediately.
We invite you to contact us for your legal needs and look forward to assisting you.
883 Upper Wentworth St
Hamilton, ON L9A 4Y6
Hours: Mon to Fri - 11:00am - 5:00pm